Sep 10, 2021 | Steve Milne | 225 views
Tryouts are coming up soon. Please continue to monitor the team calendar and look for updates via email.
The following is a small list of things you can do to be ready and show to the evaluators you are ready to play at this level.
1. Hydrate well the 24 hours leading up to tryouts.
2. Remember your evaluation starts as soon as you arrive at the rink.
3. Be attentive, leave your phone in the car.
4. Be prepared, skates sharpened, sticks freshly taped, all equipment working and water bottle.
5. Introduce yourself to players you don’t know - they might end up being your new team mate.
6. Listen to the drill and follow the direction that you are given.
7. Ask questions or fall in behind other players for drills where you need to observe the flow.
8. Finish the drill, always. Short cutting is noticed.
9. If a drill or your performance doesn’t go your way, move on. You can't change the past, so don't let it affect your future!
10. Be careful of your body language.
11. The most important two words are “Thank you”, be respectful of staff and fellow players.
12. Your evaluation ends when you get in the car, not a moment sooner.
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!