With the start of the September ice season and the winter ice season around the corner we wanted to send a few reminders out and ask that you pass these along to all of your coaches, convenors and parents.
It is also a good time to remind coaches, players, parents and spectators that it is the City of London’s expectation that everyone who enters our facilities will treat it with respect and act appropriately while in the facility. If they do not exhibit appropriate behaviour they will be asked to leave the arena.
- Teams are NOT permitted in dressing rooms until 25 MINUTES before scheduled start time. This allows all previous groups 25 minutes to leave and allows our staff to clean rooms
- NO running through the building to warm up. This not only becomes a distraction for other groups, it is also a safety concern. You may only use your dressing room or park areas for stretching and warm up
- Dressing rooms are scheduled as follows: ONE room per practice and TWO rooms per game. If coaches require a second room during practices, PLEASE SPEAK TO THE ARENA OPERATOR. Accommodations will be made only when extra rooms are available
- Chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds are NOT permitted in our facilities.
- Extension cords are NOT permitted in dressing rooms. The risk of electrocution is higher due to wet floors and the possibility of being stepped on by skates.
- Sticks (including mini sticks), ALL types of balls, pucks, etc. are to be used ONLY on ice surfaces. These items are not to be used at sides of rink, lobbies OR dressing rooms. RATIONALE: To avoid injuries to patrons when hit by or stepping on these objects. To avoid fire alarm activation due to fire safety equipment/sprinkler systems being struck by these objects. To avoid damage to the facility. To avoid disruption to hockey games when these objects go onto the ice surface.
- When the Zamboni gates are OPEN, KEEP THE PLAYERS GATE CLOSED. No one (and no objects) are to be on the ice. This ensures YOUR safety. Our Operators cannot maintain the ice with objects in the way (pucks, pylons, etc.) Players and coaches MUST wait until the gates CLOSE before entering the ice.
- Pick up pucks, pylons, etc. THREE MINUTES prior to the end of your practice. This ensures you are OFF the ice IMMEDIATELY after the gates open. This allows ice maintenance to stay on schedule
- Floods are scheduled as follows:
- Single Pad - 10 minutes to the hour.
- Double Pad - A-Pad: 10 minutes to the hour, B-Pad: 20 minutes past the hour
- Triple Pad A-Pad: 10 minutes to the hour, B-Pad: 20 minutes past the hour, C-Pad: 5 minutes past the hour.
If a coach or convenor is having an issue with arena staff or have any questions we ask that they contact there ice convenor directly and the question or concern can then be passed directly onto the Arena Supervisor.