Oakridge Aeros Major Novice Season 2019/2020
Welcome everyone my name is Kyle McClennan and I am
the head coach of the MD1 team for the upcoming season. I am excited for the
opportunity and look forward to getting this season underway. I would like to
take this opportunity to share some information about our upcoming season.
This season will begin with 3 preparation skates to get all our player back on the ice and ready MD tryouts/House league assessments. After that time, for those players who wish to tryout for the MD1 and MD2 teams will begin the tryout skates Wednesday September 11 5:30pm-6:20pm at Carling (B pad).
Hockey Canada introduced a new program last year which will include half ice games with a four-on-four game structure and transition to full ice five-on-five.
The MD1 season begins with a Practice Sunday, September 15th for all players that have been selected to play for Oakridge MD1. For those that are to continue with the tryout process will meet with Tyler Bullas on September 15th for MD2 Tryouts. House league assessment to be posted shortly.
For those selected to the MD1 team, the team selection will be posted on the Oakridge Aero’s MD1 team page. A team/parent meeting will take place shortly after. Below is an outline of the personal and financial commitments required for the MD1 team.
· The team will consist of 15 players and 2 goalies
· We will be on the ice 2-3 times per week
· There is an additional “bump up” fee to play MD which is above and beyond your registration fee. This fee is to cover costs associated with additional ice that the Association provides MD teams.
· There will be an additional team fee (budgets have not been completed or approved). This money is used to run the team for the season (i.e., tournament registrations, additional ice, team equipment - practice jerseys, pucks, water bottles, etc. - travel permits, and game officials for exhibition games). A detailed budget will be provided to the parent group at the first parent meeting once the season begins.
· Reduction in team fees will be determined by the amount of fundraising we do as a team. All families are required to participate in fundraising activities and the group will decide on the fundraising events.
· We will participate in 4 tournaments (2 Local & 2 Away) with the possibility of playing in the year-end Alliance MD Championships here in London.
I Look forward to a great season
Head Coach, Oakridge Aeros MD1